To the mom who doesn’t have it all figured out, I’m going to let you in on a little secrete…you are NOT alone!
I’ve been doing this motherhood thing for a little while now and I’ve learned a few things:
1. Motherhood isn’t defined by the time you lost your patience, the time you forgot to put your kids library book in their backpack (they’re old enough to do that anyway 😉), or the time you just had enough. It’s defined by the countless kisses to heal a booboo, and the talks of encouragement, the late night feedings, the millions of snuggles, and all the “I love yous”.
2. There isn’t one right way to parent. What works for one mom, kid, family, may not work for you and that’s perfectly OK! You know your kids better than anyone. Do what’s best for your family and don’t let anyone make you feel bad about it!
3. Motherhood isn’t about perfection. We all have flaws, we all have moments of doubt, we all have bad days. Embrace the imperfect moments, learn from them, and move on! No moms got time to dwell on perfection anyways!
4. Even on your worst day, you kids love you more than anything!
5. We are all in this together. It doesn’t matter if you bottle or breastfeed, it doesn’t matter if you go to work or stay at home, it doesn’t matter if you have a spouse or are a single parent, we ALL go through the same things. And it’s much nicer to support your fellow moms and embrace the commonalities, than judge someone for their parenting differences.
6. Love yourself. Be proud of the mother you are. Because you, yes YOU beautiful mama are doing amazing things raising your babies. Motherhood isn’t always easy, but man is it worth it!